One of the excellent wireless devices, Belkin router has given users the freedom of connecting wirelessly to the internet from and across their home. Though the Belkin router setup is the easiest task to perform, you should consider certain things before you begin so as to save yourself time and from frustration. Below are the instructions that will help you access the Belkin router setup page so that you configure the settings for wireless connection and gaming console among other things.
- Disconnect the power cords of your PC, modem, and router. Also unplug their power cords from the wall jacks
- Connect your PC directly to the DSL or cable modem.
- If a login screen from your ISP (internet service provider) appears, note down the user name and password as you will need these to make changes to your router settings
- Disconnect your router and the DSL or cable modem
- Connect your modem to the 'WAN' port located at the back of the router. Connect your PC to the router using one of the 4 ports located at its back
- Plug the power cords back to the PC, modem, and router and to the power outlets
- Turn on the modem, wait for at least 10-15 seconds. Connect the Belkin router back to the PC, and reboot the PC
- Click on the 'Start' menu> go to 'Control Panel'> and then go to 'Network Connections'
- Right click on the 'Local Area Connection' icon and select 'Properties' from the drop-down menu
- Click on the 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' option, select 'Obtain an IP Address Automatically', and finally click on 'Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically'
- Launch you internet browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla etc.). If it prompts for a username and password, key in the login information and you are good to go. Make whatever changes you want to your settings.
Feel free to get online technical support to fix your computer problems. Just Call on Toll-Free number(1-866-541-1792) & get 24*7 expert help for online diagnostic and troubleshooting.